Nile Global Frontier Fund (“the Fund”) seeks to provide long term capital appreciation by investing in stocks of Frontier country-based companies. The Fund is advised by Nile Capital Management, LLC, and its Portfolio Manager is Larry Seruma, Chief Investment Officer.
In normal markets, the Fund expects to invest at least 80% of its assets in stocks of public companies that have the majority of their assets in Frontier countries, and/or derive a majority of their revenues from Frontier countries. The Fund diversifies broadly among what we believe to be the most attractive regions and countries in the Frontier, identified through top-down macroeconomic analysis. This analysis evaluates and ranks each country on the basis of economic growth, inflation, interest rates, currency, regulatory framework and political stability.
The Portfolio Manager also employs bottom-up fundamental analysis to identify what we believe to be the most attractive companies in selected markets. This analysis draws upon proprietary research and “on-the-ground” contacts and resources. It will focus on such factors as:
- • Cash flow return on investment
- • Return on invested capital
- • Sound balance sheets with reasonable debts
- • Strong products with competitive advantages
- • Strength and stability of company management
- • Sound accounting policies and corporate governance
- • Prospects for sustained earnings growth